Just Cycle Ltd aims to:
- Encourage and support community involvement of people of all ages in the provision of re-used, recycled, affordable bicycles .
- Encourage skills sharing and development of all those involved in the initiative.
- Contribute towards increases in regional re-use and recycling rates by recovering bikes from the waste stream, reducing waste sent to landfill and raising awareness of the importance of re-use and recycling locally.
- Promote opportunities for improved health and well-being as a result of involvement in the initiative, or as an end beneficiary of the initiative.
- Reduce inequalities and encourage strong intergenerational relationships locally by involving all sectors of the community in recycling and re-use work and encouraging cycling among all sectors, including socially disadvantaged or isolated people.
How we will achieve our aims:
- Large numbers of unwanted bicycles are taken to Local Authority recycling centres every week. Each centre will soon have a separate storage area where bicycles can be donated to Just Cycle, who will renovate and actively encourage the re-use of these bicycles in the locality.
- We will work closely with communities and local groups keen to be involved in recycling bikes. People of all ages will be encouraged to take up cycling, reducing their dependence on cars, leading to both a healthier lifestyle and healthier environment .