data privacy notice
Just Cycle Ltd
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)
Who are we?
Just Cycle Ltd is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
- Just Cycle complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: – (examples shown below)
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fund-raise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records.
- Our processing also includes the use of CCTV systems for the prevention of crime.
- To operate the Just Cycle website and deliver the services that individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at Just Cycle
- To process gift aid applications.
- To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Article 6 processing
- Consent of the data subject; sending e-mail newsletters.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; claiming Gift Aid.
Article 9 Processing
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with [insert the recipients or categories of recipients of any personal data].
We will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for safeguarding purposes and will only retain your personal data for as long as a project is valid or as per the legal requirement alternatively, as per the signed employment contract, or volunteer/sessional worker agreement.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Just Cycle holds about you;
- The right to request that Just Cycle corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Just Cycle to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable)
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or 0303 123 1113
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insert relevant purposes where you will be relying on consent to process the personal data, for example: –
- To keep you informed about news, events, activities and services;
- To contact you with surveys about current events;
- All of the above.
- By email [ ]
- by phone [ ]
You can grant consent to all the purposes; one of the purposes or none of the purposes.
Where you do not grant consent we will not be able to use your personal data, except in certain limited situations, such as where required to do so by law or to protect members of the public from serious harm.
If you do grant consent, please note you can withdraw your consent to all or any one of the above purposes at any time by contacting email@example.com
Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.
Registered as Just Cycle Ltd, a charitable company limited by guarantee. Registered in Scotland. Scottish charity number SC042707.